Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Bust A Move!

Two weeks ago, my wife dragged me kicking and screaming to the "Strictly Hip Hop Dance Competition 2007". I thought that I was going to be extremely annoyed and bored the whole time, as Hip Hop is about as appealing to me as a visit to the dentist. I come from a strictly Hard Rock (read Metallica, AC/DC etc) background.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself actually getting caught up in the action. The kids that participated were simply amazing. I knew absolutely nothing about dance, yet I could still appreciate the acrobatic ability needed to pull of the moves the kids were doing.

I was stuck in the stands and couldn't get as close to the action as I would've liked. The light in there forced me to use ISO 1600 as Flash was not allowed. My shutter speed ranged between 1/60 - 1/125 with a 70-300 Zoom. As you can imagine, I was not really hoping for any great shots.

Back home, after some post processing, I was actually quite happy with some of the shots. The cross processed look fitted perfectly with the Hip Hop theme. Even my wife was pretty impressed with the shots, considering the conditions.

I know this is a bit off-topic for Scapeout, but it did allow me to "Escape the Bustle" and experience something new and different.

Below are some of my favourite shots from the day. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: